The Northwest Wisconsin Workforce Investment Board will convene panel discussions in Siren on May 20th, 2019 from 8:00 AM to Noon.
· Preventing opioid use / misuse in the workplace
· Identifying treatment and recovery resources
· Referral processes for employees to resources
· Best practice as pertains to drug testing [pre-employment and during employment]
· Developing clear and compassionate drug policies in the workplace
· Overdose recognition and prevention
· Language / culture awareness to de-stigmatize substance use disorder.
At both events, business leaders will hear from local experts, which can include employment attorneys, human resources (HR) professionals, employee assistance program consultants, medical professionals and government officials who discussed strategies related to opioid safety and prevention. The National Safety Council would like to use this as an opportunity to debut some new materials – and to get some explicit feedback from attendees on the content of the presentations. A comprehensive post-workshop survey to be implemented to gather feedback on the session and curriculum. Presenters from the National Safety Council in Wisconsin and Minnesota will attend to work through the curriculum with attendees.